Advocating for Quality Rural Living
HCC Network has established committees to advocate improvements in Lafayette County and surrounding areas, as it relates to medical, dental, behavioral health,overall health and wellness, and health care workforce recruitment.
Each committee reports to the HCC Executive Board at least twice a year to disclose status reports, action plans and projected outcomes designed to support HCC’s mission and goals.
The committees include:
Rural Health Initiative
The goal of the Rural Health Initiative is to help promote and expand quality healthcare in rural Missouri.
Suzanne Smith, Chair
The goal of the Social Services Committee is to promote, use and retain local social service agencies in Lafayette County for the underserved population. Initiatives include the following:
- Educate agencies on why it is important to offer employment to juveniles and adults with an arrest record and/or substance abuse problem.
- Connect with other community groups and leaders.
- Participate in Parenting Fair committees and/or events.
- Support MVCAA Back to School Fairs.
- Annual CPR/First Aid training for agencies who support programs for underserved.
- Speakers Bureau.
- Community Calendar.
- Highlight local training opportunities and volunteer needs.
- Highlight local agencies at each meeting – Agency Spotlight.
- Exposure and awareness of programs and services in our area.
- Recruit new agencies to represent each community in Lafayette County.
- Develop Resource Guide.
- Develop Community Profile Book.
- Project Connect.
- Rural health care workforce recruitment
HCC Network is always looking for people to promote our mission. Call 660.259.2440 for more information.