Missouri Medicaid Expansion – Enroll Today
For many, affordable health care has remained out of reach. Unrealistic requirements for health insurance have left individuals falling through the cracks, unable to afford preventative care and necessary treatments — until now. Last year, rural voters showed up for their neighbors to expand Medicaid in Missouri, extending health care coverage to more than 200,000 newly eligible adults.
Through MO HealthNet, previously ineligible Missourians are able to receive free and low-cost insurance. The newly expanded coverage includes primary physical, behavioral, and dental care, among other services.
For help determining eligibility and enrolling in Missouri Medicaid, contact Shelly Harden at 660.214.2869. Learn more about Medicaid Expansion through MO HealthNet in Missouri. Listen to Harden discuss Medicaid Expansion and the new guidelines in an interview for the HCC podcast.
New Expansion Guidelines
- Parent or caretaker with a child (under age 19).
- Adult (age 19-64) without disabilities.
- Woman (under age 65) with breast or cervical cancer.
- Person with disabilities.
- Blind or visually impaired adult.
Note: If you have custody of children, you must also have healthcare coverage for the children in order to be eligible.
What Services are Covered?
Missouri Medicaid will cover a variety of benefits for adults, children, and families, including:
- Ambulance services.
- Behavioral health and substance use services.
- Family planning services.
- Maternity and midwife services.
- Preventative care, including well checks, mammograms, and cancer screenings.
- Primary care.
- Specialist care.
- Tobacco cessation counseling.
- Local health department services such as immunizations; screening, diagnosis, and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, tuberculosis, and lead poisoning.
- And more, including some limited coverage options for certain services.
Apply for Missouri Medicaid through MO Health Net:
- Through the online portal.
- By phone at 855-373-9994.
- By completing an application (aplicación Español) on your computer.
- By downloading & printing an application (aplicación Español).
- Are blind or disabled.
- Get Social Security.
- Have VA healthcare.
Send your paper application and forms by email, mail, or fax to:
- Email: FSD.Documents@dss.mo.gov
- Family Support Division
615 E 13th St
Kansas City, MO 64106
- Fax: 573-526-9400
The Family Support Division will process your application and any supporting documentation as soon as they receive it. *Processing begins October 1, 2021, and may take up to 45 days. Once your application is processed, you will get a letter that let’s you know if you are eligible for healthcare coverage or not. If you are approved, you will receive a MO HealthNet Identification Card and information explaining the type of services and coverage you have. You will need to follow the instructions in this letter for your coverage to begin.
Live Well Community Health Centers
The HCC of Rural Missouri is the only organization in the nation to have not one but four Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). These Live Well Community Health Centers serve Buckner, Carrollton, Concordia, Waverly and surrounding areas, and provide dental, behavioral health, primary care and social support services.
Live Well Community Health Center – Buckner
324 S. Hudson – 816.249.1521
Live Well Community Health Center – Carrollton
300 E. 9th Street – 877.344.3572
Live Well Community Health Center – Concordia
206 N. Bismark – 660.463.0234
Live Well Community Health Center – Lexington
811 A. South Business Highway 13 – 660-251-6440
Live Well Community Health Center – Waverly
608 Missouri Street – 660.493.2262