Need a ride to the doctor?
Call to schedule: 660.259.2440
Volunteer Drivers Wanted – Mileage Reimbursed
HCC Partners with Missouri Rural Health Association and Feonix HealthTran to Provide Free Rides to Medical Appointments for Lexington Residents and Live Well Community Health Center Patients
Volunteer Drivers Wanted and Asked to Apply
The Health Care Collaborative (HCC) of Rural Missouri and its longtime partner, Missouri Rural Health Association (MRHA), are collaborating to bring ride-booking transportation services, similar to Uber, to rural Lafayette County. Funding is provided by the Health and Wellness Board of the City of Lexington, Missouri. Free rides to medical appointments are offered to residents living within Lexington city limits, and patients of the Live Well Community Health Centers. Individuals living outside of Lexington city limits have the option to self-pay. The goal of the program is to close one of the largest barriers to receiving quality health care: transportation. Health care providers interested in helping their patients secure transportation to and from medical appointments should contact HCC.
Individuals in need of rides to medical appointments may contact Chris Carney, 660.251.0751.
Currently, HCC is recruiting volunteer drivers to participate in the program. Drivers must be age 21 years or older and possess a driver’s license for at least three years. Additionally, volunteer drivers will use their own vehicles to provide transportation between the client’s home and the medical appointment. Drivers will be reimbursed mileage at a rate of $0.80 a mile each way. All drivers are required to have a smartphone.
Drivers who provide transportation must:
- Sign and submit Volunteer Driver Statement of Understanding
- Sign and submit a Driver Code of Conduct
- Sign and submit Medical/Physical Capacity Statement
- Submit Volunteer Driver Handbook read receipt
- Complete privacy training (HIPAA, PHI, PII, system security)
- Submit vehicle inspection
- Submit a valid Missouri Driver’s License
- Submit a copy of current auto insurance (a secondary form of insurance will be provided by Feonix HealthTran)
- Submit a copy of current proof of vehicle registration
- Undergo and pass drug screening
- Undergo and pass background check (this includes criminal, sex offender, child abuse & neglect, adult abuse & neglect, acts of violence, fraud, driving history)
- Undergo online course training and receive a certificate of completion
- Submit a W-9, I-9, Social Security card, EFT/ACH documentation for direct deposit
Persons interested in becoming a volunteer driver may complete an online application at HealthTranVolunteer.org. For more information, contact Suzanne Smith at 660.259.2440.